The Colombian Avocado Board provides two new members
ORLANDO, FL (December 13, 2023) – The Colombian Avocado Board (CAB) met final month for its annual assembly to elect two new administrators to its board. The brand new members can have an important position in rising consciousness and consumption of Colombian avocados within the US market.
The brand new members of the nine-member Board of Administrators are:
• Brian Gomez, Importer Supervisor, GreenFruit Avocados
• Catherine Mejia Virgil, Vice President of CAB and Director of Corpohass
The present Board of Administrators consists of:
• Ricardo Uribe, President of CAB and Export Supervisor of Cartama
• Brooke Baker, CAB Secretary and Import Supervisor from Mission Produce
• Kellen Newhouse, CAB Treasurer and Importer Supervisor of West Pak Avocado, Inc.
• Mauricio Moranth, CAB Export Supervisor from Montana Fruits
• Ricardo Mejia, CAB Export Supervisor from Fruty Inexperienced
• Sergio Plata Ortiz, CAB Export Supervisor from Baika Fruit
• Dustin Hahn, CAB Import Supervisor from Naturipe
Brian Gomez of GreenFruit is the newly elected Director of Importer, changing Gerardo Huerta of Del Rey Avocado, and Catherine Mejia is the newly elected Vice President, changing Jorge Restrepo of Corpohass.
“The Board of Administrators of Avocado Colombia congratulates and is grateful to Mr. Gomez and Ms. Mejia for accepting their appointment to the Board of Administrators,” stated Manuel Michel, Director Basic of CAB. “Their participation can be invaluable as we put together for an additional document export 12 months,” he continued. “Our distinctive rising area permits for year-round avocado manufacturing offering stability and consistency to our consumers.”
Colombian avocados have been authorized for cargo to america since 2019. The quantity of imports into america has grown quickly over the previous a number of years with an estimated 5% improve in Haas avocado manufacturing final 12 months. Colombia is among the largest avocado exporters and expects a rise in avocado consumption resulting in extra alternatives throughout the native market.
In regards to the Colombia Avocado Council
CAB’s mission is to construct the instruments to work in sync with the Hass Avocado Board to domesticate U.S. shoppers by aligning growers, exporters and importers collectively underneath one cohesive advertising effort targeted on Colombian avocados. CAB was authorized by the USDA on January 7, 2020, underneath the license of the Hass Avocado Promotion, Analysis, and Info Act of 2000 (7 USC 7801-7813). For extra data, go to avocadocolombia.com.