Asparagus salad recipe | Mediterranean dish
This straightforward asparagus salad with garlic dressing, contemporary herbs, and a closing sprinkle of creamy feta cheese has huge Mediterranean flavors. You possibly can serve this wholesome asparagus salad recipe as a aspect at dinnertime or deliver it to your yard barbecue or potluck.
This asparagus salad recipe is made with peas and child cherry tomatoes to take full benefit of the nice and cozy climate and the wonderful produce that accompanies it. Like this winter fruit salad or fall spaghetti squash, it is a prime instance of how scrumptious easy recipes can style once you prepare dinner with the seasons!
Asparagus is at its greatest in spring and early summer time. It actually would not take a lot, only a fast whitening. This will likely sound unusual, however all you must do is dip it in boiling water after which dip it in ice water. This straightforward method makes greens barely tender and maintains their vibrant taste and colour.
From there, we add peas, radishes, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and contemporary herbs equivalent to parsley and mint. This vibrant and colourful salad is supposed to be shared and preserved properly. Make this upfront on your subsequent spring or summer time gathering!
desk of contents
- Asparagus salad components
- The best way to make asparagus salad
- Give suggestions forward
- What to serve with asparagus salad
- Extra wonderful asparagus recipes
- Asparagus salad recipe
Asparagus salad components
This asparagus salad highlights the contemporary flavors of spring and early summer time. Search for livelier greens on the grocery retailer or farmers market.
- asparagus: look For agency, vivid inexperienced stems with slim suggestions.
- Peas: Recent or frozen peas will work, so use what you may have available.
- Cherry tomatoes: Small, candy, agency cherry tomatoes add texture and colour to this salad recipe. It may be changed with grape tomatoes.
- radish: The radishes add a peppery, tangy taste and a pleasant crunch.
- Recent herbs: And much and plenty of them! Mint and parsley are largely credited for the contemporary Mediterranean taste of this salad.
- Feta cheese: Recent, high-quality feta cheese packed in brine provides a contact of creaminess and saltiness. In case you do not eat dairy, this salad is scrumptious with out the feta. If you wish to eat low in lactose, you possibly can substitute it with contemporary Parmesan or Pecorino cheese.
- Crimson wine vinegar: Shiny and barely candy purple wine vinegar brings stability. If you have no available, substitute with contemporary lemon juice.
- garlic: The garlic provides a contact of piquancy to the dressing, making this salad further flavorful. In case you do not use garlic, substitute it with shallots.
- Salt and Pepper: Salt and pepper deliver out all of the contemporary flavors of this salad.
- Sumac: Sumac is a staple spice in Mediterranean kitchens (you possibly can learn extra about it in our information to sumac). Tart and citrusy, they offer this salad a vivid, genuine flavour. Discover sumac in our retailer, choose grocery shops, substitute with lemon peel, or depart it out.
- Further virgin olive oil: The daring olive oil matches what the radishes deliver to the desk. I exploit Hojiblanca from Spain.
The best way to make asparagus salad
Asparagus salad is the proper first course or aspect dish on a sizzling day. You need not activate the oven or grill! Greens are immersed in shortly boiling water. Observe the steps under to organize this scrumptious salad from begin to end.
Give suggestions forward
As this asparagus salad settles, the flavors turn out to be friendlier and actually come out to the occasion. Boiled greens preserve their vivid colour with out changing into uninteresting or drained. This can be a nice salad recipe that you may make forward of time!
To proceed, combine collectively the boiled greens, tomatoes, radishes and chopped herbs with out seasoning. Whisk the sauce individually. Cowl each and retailer within the fridge for as much as 3 hours.
When prepared, take the whole lot out of the fridge for 10 to fifteen minutes till it reaches room temperature. Costume, add feta cheese and serve.
What to serve with asparagus salad
This asparagus salad recipe requires gentle, vivid spring and summer time meals. Serve with fish, equivalent to Easy Lemon Poached Salmon or Crispy Sea Bass with Garlicky Bell Peppers.
For a vegetarian (and gluten-free) meal, attempt an Italian chickpea pancake referred to as farinata. It has a crispy edge with a decadent custard middle that’s so scrumptious and satisfying. A contemporary vegetable salad is a scrumptious match for the savory, earthy taste of savory pancakes.
Extra wonderful asparagus recipes
Browse all Mediterranean recipes.
Go to our retailer.
Further virgin Spanish olive oil
Give your salads a lift with daring, peppery olive oil from 100% Hujiblanca olives grown within the southern Andalusian area of Estepa.
- Boiling asparagus and peas: Put together a big bowl of ice water. Fill a big pot with water and place it over excessive warmth. When the water boils, add the asparagus and peas. Cook dinner them for 3-5 minutes till they’re tender. The greens ought to look vivid inexperienced, and nonetheless have some texture. Drain the greens and instantly add them to the bowl of ice water to chill. (Surprising the greens in ice water prevents them from overcooking and maintains their stunning inexperienced colour.)
Make the sauce: In a big mixing bowl, add the vinegar, garlic, a pinch of salt, pepper, and sumac, if utilizing. Whisk to mix. Proceed whisking whereas slowly drizzling olive oil. Whisk till the dressing is emulsified.
Salad combine: To the massive bowl containing the sauce, add the cooked asparagus and peas. Add tomatoes, radishes and contemporary herbs. Toss to mix. Add feta cheese, if utilizing.
Serves: Style and alter seasoning to your liking. Switch it to a serving plate or bowl and serve.
- Boil asparagus and peas till tender. Sustaining a few of its crunch provides the salad a contemporary, energetic style.
- In case you like your salad with a really gentle dressing, set half the dressing apart earlier than mixing within the herbs and greens. Any leftover sauce can be utilized over baked potatoes or poured over a easy aspect salad.
- Go to our retailer Browse high-quality Mediterranean components together with further virgin olive oil, natural spices (just like the thyme and sumac used on this recipe), and extra.
Energy: 186EnergyCarbohydrates: 14.3gprotein: 6.6gfats: 12.5gSaturated fats: 2.5gUnsaturated fat: 1.3gMonounsaturated fat: 8gLdl cholesterol: 6.3mgsodium: 99.9mgPotassium: 547.6mgFiber: 5.5gsugar: 6.1gVitamin A: 2092.1worldwide unitVitamin C: 46.1mgCalcium: 99.8mgiron: 4.1mg